Offering premium performance at an exceptional value, the Penn Fierce II Fishing Rod and Spinning Reel Combo delivers the strength and sensitivity you need to conquer a variety of fish species--from catfish to redfish and beyond. This rod and reel combo unites a smooth-operating spinning reel with a durable, ultrasensitive fishing rod that responds to the lightest strikes and nibbles. Featuring a full metal body and packed with fish-fighting features, the spin reel offers robust performance at a fantastic value. The reel's Techno-Balanced rotor ensures smooth drag pressure and rapid line retrieval, while the die-cast aluminum body and sideplate keep precise gear alignment even when your line is under heavy duress. The heavy-duty aluminum bail wire further improves durability, giving you the added leverage you need to conquer hard-pulling gamefish. Suitable for use with Berkley or Spiderwire Superline, the spool is fitted with a rubber gasket that prevents the Superline from slipping under pressure, meaning anglers can use braided line without a monofilament backing. The instant anti-reverse bearing eliminates handle backplay for near-instantaneous hook sets. And with its line capacity rings, the spool displays at a glance how much line is remaining. Constructed from graphite composite blanks and equipped with aluminum oxide guides, the included fishing rod offers exceptional durability and responsiveness--making it an ideal complement for the Fierce II reel.
- Penn FRCII4000702M Fierce II
- Reel Size: 4000
- Mono Capacity yd/lb: 270/8 220/10 165/12, Bearing Count: 5, Medium, 7', 2-piece
- Full Metal Body and sideplate. Techno-Balanced rotor gives smooth retrieves. 4+1 shielded stainless steel ball bearings. Instant Anti-Reverse bearing.
- Heavy-duty aluminum bail wire. Superline Spool. Line Capacity Rings.
- Graphite composite blank. Stainless steel guides with aluminum oxide inserts. EVA grips.